Monday 4 February 2019

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy

"There must be something in me, some failure they can see and feel and this is why they behave so badly"


In this one sentence, I contained the fundamental cause of helplessness of people who cannot leave their own loop of mental problems - guilt. 

Every single person who uses violence 'professionally' knows very well that he or she remains with impunity until the victim feels responsible for everything that is happening. 

Not once, we had heard from our parents: "You did this so now I am angry" or "This is your fault I am mean for you". 

Since the cradle, we learn that we are the ones who are to be blamed for the violence we experience. We seek this reason in us and thus, one day, we really become bad people, like in self-fulfilling prophecy. And the parents are saying, nodding their heads: "I was always sure you are worthless". 

I think that playing others with guilt - especially those weak and dependent - is the worst kind of violence. This is like keeping someone behind invisible bars. And the hardest thing to accomplish is to set me free from this imprisonment, to change the mindset, for the guilt and blaming myself for everything are the reasons I cannot find the cure for anxiety problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Good Life

As I wrote once, life becomes a big project of coping with daily-basis problems if you have mental health issues. It's not easy, for it ...